Praline Curried Fruit Recipe
This Praline Curried Fruit dish is very similar to fruit compote, and can be used as a sweet topping or as a savory compliment to heavily seasoned grilled meat dishes. The recipe can be made with fresh or canned fruit, however canned fruit adds considerably more sweetness as the canning liquid usually contains added sweeteners.
Praline Curried Fruit Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Original Creole pralines
- 1 juiced lemon
- 2 tbsp curry powder (mild or hot)
- 1 cup fresh pineapple; cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 apricot halves; pitted and peeled
- 2 pears; peeled, cored and quartered
- 20 cherries; pitted
- 2 peaches; peeled, cored and quartered
Praline Curried Fruit Directions:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter, water, pralines, curry powder and lemon juice together until the pralines are completely melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the fruit to a large baking dish and stir together.
- Drizzle butter mixture over fruit and bake in preheated oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring often.
I know your family will love this recipe. The sweet juice and flavor of fresh fruit, with a blend on pralines. This warm Praline Curried Fruit recipe is a great way to brighten up any cold or rainy day.