Cafe Du Monde Beignet Mix
Cafe Du Monde Beignet Mix allows you to create a taste of New Orleans in your own kitchen. Anyone that has visited New Orleans, knows that the best food is in the French Quarter, and besides pralines, beignets are the most popular treat. This 28 ounce box of beignet mix can make up to four dozen French doughnuts.
The Cafe Du Monde Beignet is a square piece of dough, fried in vegetable oil and lavishly covered with powdered sugar. The Beignet is also known as a French Market Doughnut, and is the Louisiana State Doughnut.
How to make Beignets:
- Add vegetable oil to a frying pan or skillet.
- Bring the temperature to 370 degrees fahrenheit.
- Open the box of Cafe Du Monde Beignet Mix.
- In a large mixing bowl, pour the beignet mix.
- Add water per the directions on the box.
- Use a spoon to stir the water and mix into a dough.
- Roll out dough using a rolling pin to 1/8 of an inch thick.
- Use flour to keep the dough from sticking to the rolling pin.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut into 2 1/2 inch squares.
- Place 3 to 4 squares of dough into the oil.
- Cook until the beignets puff up.
- Use a fry basket to retrieve the finished Beignets.
- Dust powdered Sugar as topping over the fried beignets.
If the Beignets do not puff up and they remain flat, this means that the frying oil temperature is too low to properly cook the beignet dough. You can try using a smaller piece of dough, or increase the temperature before cooking another batch.
Cafe Du Monde Beignet Mix allows you to bring a little taste of New Orleans to your home. These taste great with CDM Coffee.