Pecan Praline French Toast Recipe
This easy recipe for French toast uses our Praline Topping instead of regular syrup, making this classic dish extra special for the next time you need something easy and impressive for your family or guests. Praline French Toast (or also know as "Pain Perdu" in Creole French).
Praline French Toast Ingredients:
- 9 eggs
- 3 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon or nutmeg
- 24 (3/4 inch thick) slices French bread
- 1 (10 oz) jar Praline Topping to use for syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 a pound of pecans
Praline French Toast Directions:
- In a large mixing bowl, lightly beat eggs.
- Stir in the cream, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon or nutmeg.
- Arrange bread in a single layer in two greased 15" x 10" x 1" baking pans.
- Pour egg mixture over the bread.
- Cover and refrigerate for a few hours.
This easy recipe for French toast uses our Praline Topping instead of regular syrup, making this classic dish extra special for the next time you need something easy and impressive for your family or guests.
Reheating the Praline French Toast
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Add pecans to the top.
- Bake for another 5 minutes.
- While the French toast is baking, begin making the Praline syrup.
- Empty the jar of Praline Topping into a saucepan.
- Add water and butter.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for about 3 minutes.
- Before serving, spoon desired amount of syrup mixture over each slice.
- Serve with fresh fruit.
Praline French Toast is fun to make, and even better to eat. Enjoy making this fantastic tasting version of french toast. Pairs great with a nice hot cup of Cafe Du Monde coffee.