Praline Candied Yams Recipe
This sweet twist of a traditional side dish has graced many tables during autumn months, especially Thanksgiving dinners. This quick Praline Candied Yams recipe calls for canned yams, but if you prefer to steam or roast fresh ones before hand, the preparation is the same.
Praline Candied Yams Ingredients:
- 3 cans cut yams; rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 Original Creole pralines
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp margarine or butter; melted
- 1 tbsp citrus juice (orange or lemon)
- 5 oz bag mini marshmallows
Praline Candied Yams Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place yams in ungreased casserole or baking dish.
- In small bowl crumble pralines into very small pieces and combine the margarine or butter, citrus juice, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle over yams.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until lightly caramelized.
- Add marshmallows and bake for additional 5 to 10 minutes until marshmallows are golden brown.
This Praline Candied Yams Recipe is sure to be a hit at your next dinner. Both kids and adults like this sweet scrumptious dish. This recipe is a New Orleans favorite and one that is served on my table every Thanksgiving. Some people refer to this side dish as sweet potato souffle with pecans, or sweet potato souffle with marshmallow topping. But whatever you call it, it still tastes great.