Pecan Praline Irish-style Oatmeal Recipe
This oatmeal recipe calls for McCann's Steel Cut Oats. These are the highest quality oats, with the outer husk removed, cut into small pieces. These 100% whole grains have a rich, nutty taste by themselves. Instead of adding sugar or other sweeteners, add your favorite flavor praline to compliment this easy microwavable breakfast treat.
Pecan Praline Irish Style Oatmeal Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup of McCann's Steel Cut Oats
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1/2 to 1 praline in your favorite flavor (Original Creole, Rum or Chocolate)
Pecan Praline Irish Style Oatmeal Recipe Directions:
- Add 1/4 cup of McCann's Steel Cut Oats to 3/4 cup of water in a deep 6 to 8 cup bowl (the size of the bowl is important, the oats need to bubble up without spilling over).
- Cook on high for 5 minutes.
- Depending on desired sweetness, add one half up to a whole praline.
- Remove from microwave, crumble and add praline pieces, stir, and return to microwave to cook on high for 3 more minutes.
This Praline Oatmeal recipe is a great treat for any morning or a belly warming snack. Serve this sweet treat on a cold day.
This Irish Style Oatmeal Recipe is great, especially when you add the sweet flavor of the New Orleans pralines. Serve this treat for breakfast or have it as an anytime snack. You can also add pecans or fruits such as peaches to give this meal an even better taste.