Pecan Praline Bacon Recipe
Salty, sweet with a little spice is the best way to describe this simple twist to ordinary bacon. Serve Pecan Praline Bacon as a side dish for breakfast or brunch. You may find yourself needing to make another batch, as it will quickly disappear and become one of your family's or guest's favorites. Similar versions of praline bacon can be found at many of New Orleans best Creole restaurants on their Sunday brunch menus.
Pecan Praline Bacon Ingredients:
- 1 lb thick-cut bacon (about 12 slices)
- 2 Original Creole pralines -OR- 4 Pralinetts -OR- 3 oz Fallen Pralines
- 1 1/2 tbsp cracked black pepper
Pecan Praline Bacon Directions:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Arrange bacon slices in one layer on the top of a large broiling pan and cook on middle rack of the oven for 10 minutes, or until it just begins to turn golden.
- Meanwhile, grind pralines into very fine pieces in a small bowl. They can be chopped with a knife on a cutting board, or using a food processor.
- Stir in the black pepper.
- Remove the pan of bacon from the oven and sprinkle the praline mixture over the par-cooked bacon.
- Return the pan to oven and cook until bacon is crisp and browned, about 5 more minutes.
- Transfer bacon, coated-side up, to paper towels to absorb any grease.
- Serve while warm.
Pecan Praline Bacon is the best version of bacon that we have ever tried. And let's be honest, everything is better with bacon.