Pecan Crusted Chicken Recipe
This easy dish uses a classic chef's technique for a quick "a la minute" sauce, meaning the sauce is made in the same pan immediately after the meat has been sautéed. Fish can easily substitute for the chicken in this recipe Try any medium texture white flesh fish such as halibut, grouper, amberjack, drum, sea bass, or snapper. This is Pecan Crusted Chicken, but can easily be Pecan Crusted Fish.
Pecan Crusted Chicken Ingredients:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts; trimmed
- 1 bag (4 oz) Pecanfections; very finely chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 eggs; beaten
- 1 tsp ground thyme
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 tbsp shallots; minced
- 1 tbsp garlic; minced
- 2 tbsp butter
Pecan Crusted Chicken Directions:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl or in a food processor, combine Pecanfections, flour, salt, pepper, thyme, and cayenne.
- Pulse mixture until pecans are finely chopped.
- If you don't have a food processor, you will need to finely chop the pecans before combining with the other ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- This dry mixture will be the crust applied to the chicken.
- Transfer this mixture to a shallow baking dish or large bowl to dredge the chicken in.
- In a separate bowl, beat the two eggs together.
- Pat the chicken breasts dry, and place them in the beaten eggs and mix until they are fully coated.
- Remove the chicken breasts, and allow any excess egg to drip off.
- Transfer the chicken to the crust mixture and coat completely.
- Preheat a large sauté pan over medium heat, and then add the oil.
- Place all of the chicken in the sauté pan sear for 5 minutes or until golden brown, flip and sear the other side.
- If the crust starts to burn, lower the heat.
- Remove pan from heat, transfer chicken to an oven safe dish and place dish in the oven while you are making the pan sauce.
Pecan Crusted Chicken Sauce:
- Return the pan to high heat and add wine to deglaze the pan.
- Scrape any brown bits that are stuck to the pan with a spatula. This is where the sauce's true flavor comes from.
- Add the shallots and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes, or until they are translucent and begin to caramelize.
- Remove from heat, add butter and stir until fully incorporated.
- Remove chicken from the oven and test for doneness.
- Serve and pour the pan sauce on top.
This Pecan Crusted Chicken Recipe is always a hit when cooked in my house. Play around with substituting fish for the chicken and you will have very different meals.