Bourbon Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Bourbon Mashed Sweet Potatoes Recipe. The praline flavor and the bourbon compliment the natural sweetness of the sweet potato. The savory part of this dish comes from the salt, pepper, and optional roasted garlic. This side dish is a perfect match for roasted or slow cooked poultry or pork.
Bourbon Mashed Sweet Potatoes Ingredients:
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup Praline Topping (strain out pecans to use for something else)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup bourbon whiskey
- 3/4 tbsp margarine or butter; melted
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 cup roasted garlic; pureed (optional)
Bourbon Mashed Sweet Potatoes Directions:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place the potatoes on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake until tender and starting to ooze sugary syrup, about 1 hour and a half.
- Remove from oven and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Cut a slit down each potato and scoop the soft flesh into a large bowl.
- Discard the skins and any stringy fibers.
- Add the cream, bourbon, Praline Topping, butter, salt, pepper, and roasted garlic (optional).
- Whip on high speed with an electric mixer until creamy and smooth.
- Cover to keep warm, or gently reheat before serving.
Bourbon Mashed Sweet Potatoes are a great side dish to serve with blackened chicken, or a pan seared steak.